L.A. Confidential is set to honor their December/January cover star John Legend (photo via) this week at The Beverly Hills Hotel. There’s been much controversy around the hotel, which has been boycotted by celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres (source via) since early 2014 when this whole ordeal started. Hollywood is outraged at The Beverly Hills Hotel owner Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah due to his support of Sharia Law, and will not let this one slide.
According to the Sharia law (source via):
• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls’ clitoris should be cut (per Muhammad’s words in Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, but a man can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife but a woman needs her husband’s consent to divorce.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman’s testimony in court, allowed only in property cases, carries half the weight of a man’s.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
This law makes us sick to our stomach. The Beverly Hills Hotel has took a major hit due to this boycott, which cost the agency over $1.5m in cancelled bookings (source via) as of May 2014. The L.A. Confidential Event would be the first notable party held at the hotel since the boycotts started, but their guest of honor, John Legend, will not be attending. This is a serious matter that needs to be addressed, with millions of people affected by such horrendous beliefs throughout the world. We admire celebrities, such as John Legend, that are not scared to take a stand for moral justice.
Tags: Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills Hotel, Boycotts, Grammys, hollywood, John Legend, LA Guestlist, Los Angeles, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah
In anticipation of the legendary band’s NO FILTER TOUR coming…
On Friday night, Spotify hosted ScHoolboy Q’s CrasH Talk Country…
With her hit 2018 Coachella performance, Alison became the highest-billed…
Your email address will not be published.