In anticipation of the Beverly Hills Food & Wine Festival this August 17-20, iconic Beijing restaurant Mr Chow Chef Ren Zheng Bing is releasing an exclusive summer recipe he created specifically for restauranteur and local icon Eva Chow: 5 Spice Baked Tofu Salad. Fans can enjoy a sneak peak of the strong>Beverly Hills Food & Wine Festival and easily recreate Chef Ren’s recipe at home using Mr Chow’s new Chile and Hoisin sauces, which were just released at Gelson’s Market and Bristol Farms stores in celebration of the iconic brand’s 50th anniversary next Valentine’s Day.
Mr Chow’s 5 Spice Baked Tofu Salad
1 bunch watercress
1 small block dried tofu
1 stalk of celery
1/2 red pepper
1 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. Mr Chow Hoisin Sauce
1 tbsp. Mr Chow Chile Sauce
1 tbsp. Chili oil
1 tbsp. Sesame oil
1. After cutting the root, wash then dry the watercress
2. After peeling the skin, slice the celery. After removing the seeds, slice the peppers.
3. After boiling in salt water for five minutes, cool down and slice the dried tofu.
4. Add minced garlic, sesame oil, Mr Chow Hoisin Sauce, making watercress into a circle on the edge of the plate.
5. Add Mr Chow Chile Sauce and chili oil on sliced dried tofu and mix.
6. Finally mix the sliced celery, sliced red pepper and place in the center of the plate; top with tofu.
Tags: Beverly Hills Food & Wine Festival, Chef Ren Zheng Bing, Eva Chow, LA Guestlist, Los Angeles, Mr.Chow
Oui! Umami Burger teamed with global award-winning Chef Daniel Boulud…
According to a new study published by UBS, Millennials might…
Nick Mathers, the name behind Eveleigh, Goldie’s, Little Ruby, Dudley’s…
Your email address will not be published.