Webinars can be a very useful tool for bloggers and business owners alike. It can add a personal touch to your marketing strategy and is a good way of communicating with your audience during these dire times.
No matter how social media and smartphones facilitate communication through written media, 1-to-1 communication is still far more superior in every way possible, as it can help you communicate with a large audience, make connections, and generate more revenue than you’re usually used to. So, if you’ve decided to host your own webinar, make sure that you follow these steps.
Make a Team
Any webinar will usually have three players: the organizer, the presenter, and the assistant. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is assuming the responsibilities of all three players, as this will leave them with little to no time for preparation and you’ll mostly end up making a botched job out of it. To make sure that you make a successful session, you’ll have to outline the tasks of each player:
– The organizer: this role means that you’ll be responsible for developing content, finding a speaker, promoting events, and communicating with participants.
– The presenter: finding a good presenter can be a bit difficult but make sure that you find a perfect candidate, as you’ll need optimal presentation skills for your content. The presenter should also be able to do programming and troubleshooting for the webinar.
– The assistant: since the organizer and the presenter have enough on their plates, they may not be able to answer queries, which is why you’ll need an assistant to answer them for you. Mostly, these queries are minor technicalities, like out of sync audio and video or no sound issues.
Choose a Webinar Hosting Software
Making webinars can be intimidating due to this step alone. The internet will offer a host of webinar software platforms for you to choose from, but you might still not be sure which one to pick. To avoid any technical issues, you can go with the ones that have the friendliest interface. If you take a look at the Eco Secretariat review of Webinarjam, you’ll find that sleek, easy to understand interfaces are crucial for any beginner webinar host. It is highly advised that you look for software that offers an analytics feature, just to keep tabs on your webinar performance. Some webinar hosting software allows branded registration pages, just to keep everything consistent and connect your website to your webinars.
Decide Your Webinar Mode
Every host has their own webinar mode or format, so if you haven’t decided on the format that best suits your style, you may want to start now. You can also experiment with different formats until you can find the one that helps you relay your message the best. You can take a look at the following formats to have a better understanding of this.
– Single speaker: this mode is really straight-forward. The speaker will basically do everything from demonstrating the content to answering all the attendees’ queries. This can work well for you if you have a small audience.
– Panel Discussion: if you have several speakers, you might want to host a moderated panel discussion where your speakers discuss a topic of your choosing. You’ll need a moderator though for this type of webinar.
– Interview: in interview webinars, the speaker assumes the role of an interviewer who asks a set of predetermined questions to the Subject Matter Expert (SME). Since you’ll have SME guests, this webinar can be more engaging than other webinar formats.
Choose Interesting Topics
It is needless to say that topics are the most important thing to consider if you want your audience to be interested in your webinars. It will be difficult for you to lure your target audience if the topic you’re covering is out of their areas of interest. Assuming you’re a business owner, you must already be knowledgeable about your audience’s demographic characteristics, so make sure to take this into account when choosing topics for your webinars. You should also avoid general topics and opt for specifying them.
For instance, a digital marketing webinar might interest your audience, but it won’t be as interesting as a webinar about budgeting for digital marketing or marketing trends. Be sure to search for content similar to the topic to know what information hasn’t been covered yet.
Once you’ve successfully followed these steps, the rest will involve some technical skills and a bit of teamwork. Remember to look at each webinar analytics to evaluate your efforts. This will help you make adjustments to your future webinars to keep your audience even more engaged. Finally, be sure to send follow-up emails along with a recording of the webinars to the people who signed up but didn’t attend.
Tags: ecosecretariat, Interesting Topics, Interview, LA Guestlist, Los Angeles, Panel Discussion, Single speaker, The assistant, The organizer, The presenter, Webinar, Webinar Hosting Software, Webinar Mode, webinarjam
Having a lawn is a wonderful privilege. It allows you…
If you’re in the market for a new personal computer,…
Watches are versatile accessories; they come in many styles and…
Your email address will not be published.